Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Coopers Live, Loud and Local website (“website”), which is provided by Coopers Brewery Ltd (ABN13 007 871 409) (“our”, “we”, or “us”, “Promoter”). These website terms and conditions of use (“Terms”) apply to your use of the website even if you are just browsing, so it’s important that you read and understand them.
This website is your portal to the Coopers Live, Loud and Local, a series of live entertainment events to be streamed via social media platforms in support of venues across Australia (“Event(s)”).
If you’re looking for information about Promotions connected to the Events, you’ll find that at the end of these Terms.
Any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Your use of this website and participation in the events
The information contained on or linked to this website is general information. Nothing on this website is or purports to be health advice, financial advice or any other form of advice. You should not rely on any information on or linked to this website. If you need advice, you should seek personal advice based on your own circumstances.
You must not link your website to this website without our prior written consent. Any link to this website must be to the homepage. You acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of your participation in the Events and/or the Promotion(s) or the prizes available. By participating in the Events and/or Promotion (and/or accepting any prize), you accept that risk for yourself and for your companion(s) (if applicable).
If the Promotion is conducted via the Facebook or Instagram platforms:
- You acknowledge that the Event and/or Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
- You acknowledge that any information you provide in connection with the Event and/or Promotion is provided to us and not to Facebook or Instagram.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Event and/or Promotion will be directed to us and not to Facebook or Instagram (or any venue, talent, or other party involved in the Event or Promotion).
You release Facebook, Instagram and their associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Events and/or Promotion.
Liquor – responsible service and consumption of alcohol
We support the responsible service and consumption of alcohol. You have to be aged 18 years or older to use this website or participate in any aspect of the Coopers Live, Loud and Local events and promotions.
We are not liable in respect of any purchase of alcohol made by any person from a third party in connection with the Events or Promotions and are not responsible for any aspect of the sale or delivery of any alcohol, including whether the purchase or supply of alcohol was lawful.
Liquor will not be supplied to any person as a prize, or otherwise in connection with the Events, in any manner that is or may be unlawful.
Persons who act inappropriately and may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs may be barred from participating in the Events or Promotions at the Promotor’s discretion.
You will retain copyright in everything that you post or submit to the website or to any other channel or medium in connection with the Events or Promotion(s) (“Content”). Your Content will only be publicly available if you post it in a public place on the website or any other channel or if it is provided to us for that express or implied purpose.
Play nicely – you don’t want to be that guy. Your Content must not include:
- any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent (you warrant that if your entry contains any such content, you have obtained the express consent of the relevant person);
- any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, defamatory, discriminatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); or
- any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless you are entitled to do so, and if you have any doubts about whether you have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) then you must not include it.
By publishing or submitting Content you:
- acknowledge and agree that we may edit, modify, delete, remove or take down any Content which we believe (in our sole discretion) is in breach of these Terms, without notice to you (or require you or any other person with the power to do so to perform any of those actions);
- grant to us a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferrable and fully sublicensable licence to use that Content in connection with the Events and Promotion (such as sharing or posting your Content on Facebook or other social media channels for all the world to see and admire) and for other marketing and promotional purposes;
- consent to us using your entry in any manner we wish (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to you (of royalties, compensation or otherwise) and acknowledge and agree that we may reproduce, transform and adapt any Content, cause the Content to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the Content to the public, without notice or attribution to you and may also allow third parties to do these things; and
- consent to and waive any claim or right of action you may in respect of any such dealings with that Content that might otherwise infringe your moral rights (including the rights of attribution and integrity or against false attribution.
Please note that as per the Advertising Standards Bureau guidelines, we may be held responsible for user content posted on our social media platforms. We ask our users to please bear this mind when posting. We require, as a condition of use, that users will not post any materials that fall into any of the following categories and may immediately, without warning, remove any materials that:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as intellectual property rights, or any rights of privacy and publicity that may exist) of others.
- Defame or are disparaging of, or otherwise negative towards, our competitors.
- Do not comply with the ABAC Responsible Alcohol Marketing Code (available here: https://www.abac.org.au/publications/thecode/).
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any material or information that is, or may reasonably be regarded as potentially defamatory, infringing of the rights of another, obscene, offensive, indecent, misleading or unlawful, or any material that harasses or vilifies any person or groups of people.
- Upload, attach or link to files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents from the owner of the rights.
- Upload, attach or link to files that contain viruses, corrupted files, spyware, or any other similar software or programs that may damage, hinder or negatively affect in any way the operation of another’s computer, or allow unauthorised access to it.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels, or similar, in any file that is uploaded or made available in accordance with these guidelines.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded, or otherwise made available in accordance with these guidelines.
- Appear to be advertising, commercial, or promotional in nature.
- Present an immature, unbalanced or irresponsible approach to the consumption of alcoholic beverages or any other regulated substances.
- Encourage or promote offensive behaviour, misuse or abuse of or excessive consumption of alcohol beverages or any other regulated substances.
- Encourage underage drinking or have a strong or evident appeal to children or adolescents.
- Suggest that the consumption or presence of alcoholic beverages can change a mood or environment.
- Show or portray the consumption or presence of alcoholic beverages as leading to personal, business, social, sporting, sexual or other success.
- Imply or suggest that an alcoholic beverage shown as part of a celebration was a cause of the success or achievement.
- Suggest that the consumption of alcoholic beverages offers any therapeutic benefit or is a necessary aid to relaxation.
- Associate consumption of alcoholic beverages with operating a motor vehicle, boat or aircraft or engaging in any sport or potentially hazardous activity.
- Challenge or dare people to drink or sample a particular alcoholic beverage.
- Contain any inducement to prefer an alcoholic beverage because of its higher alcohol content or intoxicating effect.
- Depict people that appear to be aged under 25 unless they are shown in natural situations (e.g. family barbecue, licensed family restaurant) where there is no implication they will consume or serve (or be served) alcoholic beverages.
- Challenge or bring the ABAC Scheme into disrepute.
- Depict illegal or unlawful activity.
- Do not comply with community standards of taste and decency, particularly as to discrimination, vilification, objectification of people, violence, sex sexuality or nudity, language, health and safety.
The materials on this website, including all logos, trade marks, photographs, text, source code and embedded applications and the design and layout and get up of the website but not including the external links or materials accessed through the external links, are subject to copyright which is owned by or licensed to us. You may view and print these pages as a whole and without modification for personal use only. You may not use, reproduce, publish, licence, modify or alter these pages or any part of them or incorporate any of these pages or parts of these pages into any other website or other format without our prior written permission, which may be withheld at our sole discretion.
This website also contains various trade marks (registered and unregistered) owned by or licensed to us. Access to this website or use of this website does not imply or grant any licence to use any of the trade marks. You must not use, reproduce or alter any of the trade marks for any purpose without our prior written consent.
If you do any of these prohibited acts, your rights to use this website terminate immediately and you must destroy any and all copies of any material you obtained from this website.
Links to other sites
Any links provided on or in connection with this website (or the Events or Promotions) are provided as a service to you and do not imply any association, sponsorship, connection, endorsement or other relationship between any person and the owners of any of the websites referred to by a link. We do not accept any responsibility for the content or accuracy of any of the websites. You access and use any of such links is at your own risk.
Your personal information
Our liability to you
We and our related entities, service providers, and partners in respect of the Events or Promotions are not responsible for any reliance you place on any material you access through this website or any actions you take or do not take or any harm you suffer as a result of accessing this website. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage caused by the links or by this website not being available. We do not promise that the content on this website (or your access to it) will be uninterrupted or error free, that any defects will be corrected, or that the website or content are free of viruses or any other harmful components. We make no promises regarding correctness, completeness, reliability or otherwise regarding your access to the website, Events, or any other related platform or channel. We are not liable to you for any loss claimed or incurred by you or others as a result of any lack of availability.
We accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. We have no control over telephone communications, social media functionality, social media owners, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. We are not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) any costs incurred.
If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion does not or is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond our control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Events or Promotions, then we may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any and all Events and/or Promotions, or invalidate any affected entries (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority where applicable).
To the maximum extent possible by law, we and our related entities, service providers, and partners in respect of the Events or Promotions exclude all warranties, express or implied, in relation to the material on or able to be accessed through this website and any related supply of goods or services. For those warranties that cannot be excluded, our liability (and that of our related entities, service providers, and partners in respect of the Events or Promotions) is limited to the resupply of the material or the cost of resupply of the material, goods, or services at our sole discretion. Otherwise, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we and our related entities, service providers, and partners in respect of the Events or Promotions will not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of profit, business, goodwill, revenue, customers, capital, reputation, data, anticipated savings or benefits or any other damages such as direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential or similar damages arising from your use of this website or its content or services or participation in the Events or Promotions.
We and our associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of any prizes. We accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the award of any prizes or donations in connection with the Events or Promotions. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this Promotion results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, you agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
Your liability to us
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you acknowledge and agree that you are liable and solely responsible for:
- your use of the website;
- any Content you submit via the website;
- your entry or participation in any promotional event;
- your breach of anyone else’s intellectual property rights;
- your breach of these Terms;
- your breach of any other agreement with us or our related entities; and
- your breach of any applicable law.
We are not responsible to you or to any other person for all claims, liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss arising in any way from any of the matters set out in this clause (“claims”) and you agree to indemnify us, our directors, officers, employees and agents from all claims.
We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defence of such claims.
We reserve our right to amend these terms and conditions and any content or feature of this website from time to time without notice to you and it’s your responsibility to ensure that you check these Terms each time you visit our website. Your continued use of this website means that you have accepted any changes we’ve made.
These Terms are governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws in force in the State of South Australia, Australia. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of South Australia, Australia and any courts which may hear appeals from those courts.
Trade promotion T&Cs
These Conditions of Entry contain important information you need to know about your entry and the Promotion generally. Make sure you read these Conditions of Entry carefully.
Information about how to enter and the prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. If you choose to participate in this Promotion, then you agree that these Conditions of Entry apply to your entry.
The Promotions will be run within a period starting at 8pm AEST Friday 24th April and ending at 11.59pm Saturday 30th May. Entries may be submitted for each individual Promotion within any shorter period specified in connection with the how-to-enter details when the Promotion is announced, or during the remainder of the total Promotion Period if no shorter period is specified. The Promoter may extend the Promotion Period in its discretion, and any extension will be notified via Facebook.
Who Can Enter
The Promotions are open to Australian residents aged 18 years or older at the start of the promotion period.
How to Enter
The Promotions will include a number of varied games of skill, run throughout the promotion period. To enter a Promotion, you must follow the directions provided by the Promotor during the Event or otherwise via the Promotor’s Platforms or the Venue’s Platforms.
Winners will be awarded prizes from the following available prize pool (as determined by the Promotor or the Promotor’s agents):
450 x Coopers Merch Packs
Each valued at up to $100 (RRP, including GST).
The “1 x mixed sampler pack of Coopers beer” is only redeemable under relevant state/territory regulations:
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of consideration. The value of each prize is accurate as at the time of preparation of these Conditions of Entry. We accept no responsibility for any variation in the value of a prize after that date. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, we may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority. If a winner does not take an element of a prize by the time stipulated by us, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. We accept no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if any prize (or any part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason.
Winner Selection & Notification
The entry or entries judged by the Promotor (or the Promotor’s chosen representative) to best satisfy the entry criteria specific to each Promotion (e.g. the most creative, or the first to complete an assigned task) will win a prize.
The Judge reserves the right to select 5 additional reserve entries and to record them in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is selected as a winner or a winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize.
Judging will take place within 24hrs of each livestream event (times available on website). Winners will be notified by private message on Facebook within 2 business days of determination, and will be provided with instructions which they must follow in order to verify their entry and claim their prize.
The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Claiming Your Prize
Prizes must be claimed by 5pm AEST on 15th June 2020. If you are a prize winner and don’t accept or claim your prize by this date, then your entry will be deemed invalid. An unclaimed prize draw (if required) will be held at the same address as the original draw on 16th June 2020. Winners of any unclaimed prizes will be notified in writing within 2 business days of determination and their names published on cooperslocal.com.au by 20th June 2020.
To claim your prize, you must follow the instructions set out in the notification message we send to you telling you that you’re a winner. This includes providing verification information regarding your entry, if requested by us. We will make reasonable efforts to contact you, but if you’ve not claimed your prize by the prize claim date specified below, or we determine that your entry is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, then your entry will be declared invalid, and we may award the prize to the next complete and eligible entry drawn.
If a prize winner complies with these Conditions of Entry, and we verify and accept the entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, we will deliver the prize within 28 days of the winning entry being verified, to the address provided by you at the time of completing your entry or via the verification process.
Last updated: 23rd April 2020